Monday, August 25, 2014

The Doctor.



He was my running partner for a decade. I was The Professor, he was The Doctor.

When you saw one of us you knew the other was  likely nearby. When you saw both of us you wondered what was going to happen next. We bounced off of each other.

He's living in Eastern Washington now doing odd jobs in semi retirement. I have not seen him in almost thirty years. However, when I finally do get to meet up with him I know that instantly we will take up where we left off.

I will not get into our outrageousness here. It would fill a six tome series.

The comment that he made once that stuck with me the most was when we were headed from Seattle to Bellingham and the wheel fell off the infamous '62 Dodge half-ton I owned at the time.

I managed to crash-land in the breakdown lane fairly intact.

When the dust settled there was  a pause for a few seconds and he broke the silence.

"Well, Stanley," he said, cheerfully. "Here's another fine mess you've gotten us into!"

No comments:

Post a Comment